Monday, January 4, 2010

No Spend January Day 3

First of all, bonus! I checked my mail Saturday evening and found something from my health insurance company. I opened it and found a refund check for $10-something I've never gotten before. It's funny, when I followed No Spend November's blog, he always mentioned using medical reimbursements and I scoffed, knowing I wouldn't get any of those. Who knew?

Today I had my aunt's birthday lunch with my family at California Pizza Kitchen. It was fun family time, and I had a delicious sandwich with soup and ended up getting diet coke because I was SO sleepy (getting up and going to church will do that to me sometimes). It was fun to catch up with everyone and I think my aunt had a good time, which is the most important part. :) I did my first gas fill-up and have to admit I am nervous about only filling up twice this month-I need to make some serious efforts with carpooling and walking for that to work out.

After watching Lost on Hulu for a few hours I headed over to my friend Jessica and Elizabeth's house to watch a movie, eat some snacks, and hear about their trip to Vegas for New Year's. We watched Adventureland on demand and had fun. Then I headed home.

Adding in the ten dollar check and counting the spare change in my wallet (i hadn't added that in yet), I started the day with $35.28. I spent $15 at lunch to end the day with $20.28.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I actually came across your blog a few days ago, and I love your concept! I'm adding you to my blogroll right now!

    ReplyDelete