Sunday, January 17, 2010

Days 16 &17

I'm combining the weekend, for simplicity's sake. :)

Yesterday I did my homework (ugh), mailed another DVD I sold on Amazon, and then headed out to Huntington Beach to meet up with my friend Rebecca who is visiting from Idaho. We hung out and then met up with some more old friends from Biola and went to Ruby's on the pier. I had the Super burger (my favorite) and resisted spending five more bucks on a milkshake. Then, after I'd eaten half of it, my friend Katie accidentally spilled an entire glass of water on me and my dinner, so they brought me a whole burger, which I ate for lunch today. Then we played games and caught up. It was fun to reconnect and see how we've changed since Biola, but also how some things never change with old friends. I spent $13.

Today I slept in, cleaned my house, did a load of laundry, finished Mad Men Season Two, and am now watching the Golden Globes. And I have tomorrow off. Score!

So, this weekend I am left with $32.20 and have added one more No Drive Day to the tally. Also, it's the halfway point of the "No Spend" month. I feel like I have to put it in quotes, since I am still spending money, but I've managed to do it all with extra income so far.

1 comment:

  1. i am so impressed & inspired. this is such a great blog idea! cuz it seems impossible until you watch someone do it day by day... =)

    ReplyDelete