Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 29

Okay, I decided to add back in the money I spent on groceries a few weeks ago, because buying myself food is allowed. So, that brought me back up to $12.66.

Friday after work I came home and invented a dinner since I am pretty low on food at the house and didn't want to go to the store until Saturday. I sauteed half an onion with some garlic, added frozen hash browns that were in my freezer. I also cooked two turkey patties with BBQ sauce in the George Foreman grill (I didn't have sausage, so I improvised). Then I mixed it all together and had that for dinner. It was not bad. I also took a moment to appreciate that I am single, since I can't imagine saying, "Honey, I didn't want to to go to the store, so we're having hash browns and turkey patties for dinner."

Then I went to a place called Pelican Isle in Sunset Beach because a co-worker's uncle was playing in a jazz band there. A group of work people were all there, and it was a lot of fun. I bought a round, spending $17. So, my total is negative 4.44. I'm off to go recycle some cans in the next few hours, hopefully I can get that amount and end the month breaking even. Sunday I will post a full run-down of how I spent my money this month (I think carefully tracking spending has been one of the best parts of this experience).

Also, I carpooled to work and a friend picked me up to go out, so I got in another No Drive Day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment