Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No Spend January Day 27

Today I worked and then stopped by the library to check out my book club book along with the book on CD. We're reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides which is about a million pages long. So, I checked out the audio book to make sure I get through it in time (I plan on listening in the car). The CDs cost me $2.10 to check out for two weeks. Technically, I shouldn't have done it since I am in the red according to the No Spend Rules, but I think it's a worthwhile investment, so oh well.

Today was profitable in two other ways. First, I got my last Swagbuck I needed to get another $5 Amazon gift card. That means when the gift cards post on February 1st, I will be able to order Big Love Season 3 without spending any money! I'm so excited about this!

Also, I came home and did my taxes tonight and found out I am getting a little over $1700 back this year. Score! I am planning on putting all of it toward paying off my credit cards. If I put it all towards my Capital One card, I can have that one paid off by the end of March (assuming no major unforeseen expenses come up). That would take me down to only one card with a balance, which would be exciting.

So, I am down $5.53 for the month. Let's hope recycling goes well on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment