Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekly Money Check Up

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my car maintenance. $375 for the 60,000 mile work. Boring.
2. Today I feel tight with money. I'm still in my budget and have managed to find most of what I need for my car maintenance by cutting down within other categories, but the result of that means it's going to be difficult to stay in budget for the rest of the month. Here's to finding some cheap things to do!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was make tamales with a friend's mom. I learned how to make them and got to take home about 20 of them, half of which I am freezing to take to work for lunch when I go back to work. :)
4. I will consider this week a success if I get to the gym three times, go to church on Sunday (it's been a long while), and clean out my closet/bookshelves/etc. and take anything I can't sell to Goodwill.
5. My favorite holiday movie is hard to pick. I love A Christmas Story (it twas....soap! poisening!), but my new modern favorite is Elf (I like to whisper too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment