Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Amazon Sales

So, in the interest of paying off my car debt with gazelle-like intensity, I decided to go through my books and DVDs again to see if there was anything else I was willing to part with. I am actually looking at having to move in the next 3-6 months (more on that in another post), so I asked myself, "Do I want this enough to schlep it to another apartment?" If the answer was no, I put it up for sale!

The result was listing eighteen more items on Sunday and the good news is that within the first twenty-four hours of having them up, I sold nine of the items! :) Awesome!

Some were definitely small profits, but after shipping I made $18.52. That's also after I had to deduct a couple of bucks for some more clear box tape, but I managed to avoid buying envelopes by wrapping most of the stuff in brown grocery bags that I cut apart. How's that for frugal!?

Anyway, I already made the payment on my car loan, in an effort to be more intentional with that money. I'm still at 79%, but my goal by the end of the month is to be at 80%....we'll see if I get there! I just looked after I got home from the post office and saw that two more items sold. Yes! I'm off to go through my CD's and see if there are any worth selling. It feels good to keep working toward my debt, even when I initially thought it would be a slow debt repayment month.

1 comment:

  1. How do you ship CDs and DVDs? Do you listen to your CDs to make sure they don't skip before you list them on Amazon?

    ReplyDelete