From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Weekly Money Check Up
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on Basketball tickets as a gift. But when the person I bought the gift for turned out to be a bad person who not only does not deserve presents but does not deserve to be in my life, Ticketmaster issued a full refund. Rarely do I have anything good to say about Ticketmaster, but they were pretty awesome...even refunded the fees they charged in the first place.
2. Today I feel organized about money–I have everything updated and though things are going to be tight because of some car maintenance I could have planned better for, it's nothing I can't handle.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was made dinner at home with my sister and watched Beezus and Ramona from Netflix. We grew up with those books, so it was fun to watch the movie. And invent a new game, "What Part Should be Played by Steve Zahn in this Movie?"
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't totally blow my budget on eating out and socializing. I have stuff going on every night this week, which is fun, but can also add up fast.
5. My favorite holiday treat is sugar cookies that I decorate myself. I think I like the decorating more than the eating, if that's possible.