Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekend This and That

Here are some updates, none of which seem big enough for their own post:

National Boards: I went to a cohort meeting this morning, where the reality of having to do this process again really hit me. Blerg. I may or may not have cried in a room full of people. BUT, I did face what I need to do and made a plan. I am going to redo two of the portfolio entries, since those are worth more and I want to get more bang for my buck. The assessment center exercises are worth less, but cost the same amount. Also, by joining this cohort and agreeing to attend and participate, I get a $600 scholarship, which means my costs out of pocket for the retake will be $100. 

Dairy: I mentioned in passing that I am trying not to eat dairy this week. It's going fairly well, though there have been a few lapses. My biggest victory is that when the bf offered to pick up pizza on his way down last night, I got my half sans cheese. Which does not taste nearly as good as pizza with cheese, but I have noticed that my digestion is much better when I avoid dairy. So I'm trying to stick to the dairy free path for another week to try to figure out the long-term effects.

Amazon: I've been making sales all week. Might write another post with tips for selling on Amazon, because I wish I had known a few things when I first started. I'm also helping my sister sell some of her stuff, so the post office employees may become my new best friends. But I made another small payment on my car last night, so it's worth it to me! I'm going for 80% on that status bar by the end of the month.

Advice: I may need to move in the next few months. I'll be staying in the same city, and I think I can get away without renting a moving van or anything. Though I will need some new items, since I've had a roommate who provided some of our stuff. I'll need a knife set, some new pots and pans, a fridge, and a toaster, off the top of my head. Any suggestions on how much I should save for moving expenses? 

And that, my friends, is what's on my mind this weekend. Talk Blog to you Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Weird, I actually love my pizza without cheese. I think that the sauce is way more tasty that the pounds of cheese they put on pizza!

    I saved $5,000 to move across states. I'm sure it is much less expensive if you're moving in the same town, but still with deposits and double rents and new things I'd say that at least $2,000 would probably be a good thing to have access to.

    ReplyDelete