Sunday, January 24, 2010

No Spend January Days 23

Since I am in the hole, I made it a real no spend day. After I did my homework for my online class, I went on a beach walk. It was the first day it wasn't raining all week, so I took advantage of it by walking around three miles. I am hoping to go on a beach bike ride Sunday as well. Then I headed to South Coast Plaza to meet my friend Rene for lunch. I ate at home and brought my coupon for a free milk shake with purchase of an entree at Ruby's Diner. Rene ordered lunch and we split a chocolate-banana milk shake. Delicious and free. :) Then I headed to the Aveda store to use this coupon to get a free sample of shampoo, conditioner, and strengthening treatment. They are sulfate free, which is my shampoo requirement-one that no drugstore brands meet, so it was nice to get a sample that I can actually use. It's a small amount, but it will be perfect for a weekend trip or something like that.

Then I went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for a recipe my friend Becca told me about, along with a few other things (I already decided this trip was allowed, so I'm not counting it as spending). I also went to Best Buy and used my Christmas gift card to buy Weeds Season 5. I took Weeds over to Becca's house, where she made dinner and then we watched a few episodes and hung out.

I started the day with negative 3.43 and ended the same way.

1 comment: