Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You should...

...buy your sunscreen at Big Lots. I got an Aveeno spray for $4 and an Aveeno Faces suncscreen for $5. Can't beat that!

...take classes if you belong to a gym. I went to a Spin class today and it reminded me that I do not work out as hard on my own. But a class pushes me to keep going even when I don't feel like it.

...shop the Fresh & Easy clearance section.

...check out travel books from the library instead of buying them.

...be better at listing things on Craigslist than I am. I listed my TV, DVD player, and hutch...and I've gotten zero responses so far...any advice?

3 comments:

  1. My sister's boyfriend taught me this one about CL: post your ad around 7 or 8 PM. This is when people are hunkering down for the night and surfing the web and are most likely to see your ad.

    I like this post - I may steal the format for my next post if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware of buying old sunscreen, the worst burn I ever received was from using old sunscreen, I though I was protected as well as my kids. One of them ended up in the emergency room. Doctor gave me a big lecture about old sunscreen. It was awful and I have scars on my chest from this burn. But I also love Big Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libraries are our friends (I worked in libraries for 12 year) but when it comes to travel I swear by the internet.

    Made all the difference when I was in London with my best friend 2 years ago. What you want is current info about hotels etc (e.g you want a good bed, not a big room) .

    The travel maps etc you can get when you get to your destination (or you can get the country's travel bureau to send you stuff)

    ReplyDelete