Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

So, I updated my sidebars. Spent $20 on gas. Earned another $12 by selling books on Amazon. Oh, and one more....

I PAID OFF MY CAR LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG. Yes, my friends, I got up at 7:00 when BF left for work to see if my direct deposit had gone in. It had. I immediately paid off my car in full ($588 and change). Then I just stared at the balance of $0.00 for a while. It's so pretty.

I started getting serious about paying off my credit card debt 22 months ago. Then I started reading PF blogs and realized that it was more than just paying off my credit card; some things needed to change for me. Then I took Financial Peace University. And as of today I have paid off both my credit cards ($5,011) and my car loan (which was at $15,751.78 when I started on this journey 22 months ago.)

This marks a change in course for me, as I have more decisions to make now. But for today, I'm just going to enjoy that zero balance. I think I'll go get a good car wash to celebrate. And I will think about the freedom in my budget that this accomplishment means.


It's a happy day.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! This is huge and has the potential to change everything for you. Great job! I love following your journey. I see a book deal in your future:)
    xo jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! Great job! *Happy Dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I giggled out loud at the 'it's so pretty' comment. I have thought that myself a time or two and you are right! Congratulations on working so hard to get this accomplished. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Can't wait until my car loan is Paid Off! I think the best part is when you can hold the title, and it's yours...not the lender! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Awesome!!! I bet that car drives even better now. :) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! Hooray, your life will really change now. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahhhhhh!!!!!!!! This is an unbelievable accomplishment and I can't wait to be in your shoes in a couple months.

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you. Your hard work has paid off. That's a lot to pay off in 22 months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH! You're future me!!! I have $5,000 in credit card loans and a $15,000 student loan and my debt elimination plan is 22-months long!!! So, in 22 months from now, I will be you!

    I'm so proud of you!!! Any tips for me?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! I am in the process of knocking out my credit card debt, but now I'm also nagged by my car payment (I never really even considered it a "debt" before my awakening, just a necessity). Did you ever consider selling your car and buying a much cheaper used one? I'm considering doing that, but would hate to end up spending a ton of maintaining an older car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it's late, but CONGRATS! You should (still) be so proud!

    ReplyDelete