From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Weekly Money Check Up
Here are my answers to My Pretty Pennies Weekly Money Checkup. She does hers on Mondays, but I just sorta grab it and do it sometime toward the end of my week. Because I'm organized like that. Enjoy!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on $23 for my dinner and part of a friend's for her birthday. We went to Olive Garden and I resisted wine and drank water and had soup, salad, and breadsticks.
2. Today I feel impatientabout money. I get paid Monday, and I'm ready for a fresh start in my budget categories and to get moving on my car debt...I want to make another lump sum payment!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was went to a Kings pre-season game. I got to go for free with a friend and all I did was pay $7 for parking.
4. I will consider this week a success if I make dinner at home 5/7 nights. I want to work on not burning through my fun money at the beginning of the month.
5. The thing I am most looking forward to about this autumn is wearing my boots with dresses and tights. And the holidays-Halloween, my birthday, and Thanksgiving.