Thursday, October 14, 2010

I noticed...

...that I have a different attitude about stuff than I used to. I've actually seen this in a lot of ways. But my birthday once again showed me the difference in my mentality.

You know how you ask some people what they want for their birthday and they say, "Oh, nothing. I can't think of anything I want." I have so never been that person. I can always think of a list of stuff I want...movies, clothes, books, jewelry...I could go on.

Now don't get me wrong. I still thought of some things I wanted, but it wasn't like before. I get books from the library, I rent DVDs on Netflix. While I always like new clothes, I don't feel like I need a whole lot. Instead of having a laundry list of stuff, I could really only think of a few things. Most of them were items I'd been meaning to buy, but it was nice to get them as gifts instead. And I used my gift cards to get some things I actually needed, rather than just buy more stuff.

I like that feeling. Less materialistic, not as consumed with stuff, a little easier to please.

1 comment: