From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Weekly Money Check Up
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries. I spent $70.32 at Ralphs, but I did get a ton of produce and Slim Fast, which will last two and a half weeks for breakfast.
2. Today I feel a little nervous towards money. I am cutting it close on my October budget due to extra classes I'm taking and my new car battery. Bring on the November budget!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was had my sister over for dinner and played Wii together.
4. I will consider this week a success if I just make it through. This starts my crazy week of classes, plus district assessments are due, plus I have to sort through essays for a citywide contest, etc, etc.
5. If I could grow one thing, it would be an avocado tree. I love avocados more than any other food in the world.