From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my car payment. It just went through today actually, and I updated my status bars accordingly. :)
2. Today I feel in control about money. I am way under budget for Christmas and am staying on track in other categories so far. Any extra money at the end of the month will go towards the classes I need to take for a raise.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was finally taking some time to read. I'm in the middle of One Day and I'm really enjoying it.
4. I will consider this week a success if I eat at home enough to finish all the food I bought at the store over the weekend. I've been cooking and so far, so good.
5. I am afraid of petting zoos. I tried to go in one at twelve and freaked out and left. Which is exactly what I think would happen if I tried to go in one now.