From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on dinner and a few drinks for my sister and me=$42. Sister time=priceless.
2. Today I feel a little stressed toward money. I'm on track for my budget, but I'm also trying to figure out where I'm going to get the funds to pay for my classes and my National Boards retake, so I'm scrutinizing to see where I can find that money. It looks like I'll be able to find enough to pay for one of my classes from my November check, which is $180. :)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was going with students from my school to feed homeless people on skid row today. 30+kids chose to spend the first day of their vacation helping others...awesome.
4. I will consider this week a success if I get Thanksgiving dinner on the table while sticking to my grocery budget. I think I can do it!
5. My favorite food at Thanksgiving is stuffing. I make it with sausage, celery, and onion. Yum!