Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Goal and Sidebar...

I've decided to add another goal for 2011. I want to try to make $500 extra by selling my stuff online. I do bring in extra money by taking on extra responsibility at work, but I want to make a separate goal for selling books, CDs, DVDs, and other items online. I've already weeded out a lot, but I know I can do more, including selling some other random items on Craigslist or Ebay.

I also want to be intentional with these funds-which for now means making extra payments on my car. It's going to be an uphill battle to make my goal of paying off my car by the end of June! Also, since I picked up those free books yesterday, I have a lot listed on Amazon. Like, a ton. I'll update later in the week when I finish all the listing. So, as part of the intentionality, I added a new sidebar to track my progress on this goal. I'm excited about the possibilities...if I can make my goal, that's like a whole extra car payment!

Looking for tips on selling stuff on Amazon? Check out this post I wrote on the topic.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a nice goal. I sell something on ebay/amazon often, but I use that money up to buy something rightaway :-) I think $3000 is a nice number to try for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... I really like that idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete