Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Recap

Yesterday was payday. If I could make my blog play the Hallelujah chorus as you read that, I would. January was rough. I was counting down to payday pretty desparately. Apparently I talked about it enough that when I texted my boyfriend "Today's payday!!" he wrote back, "I know, I've been hearing about it for weeks now."

Not only was it payday, but I also got my state tax refund yesterday! YES! I planned my budget for February around getting both of my refunds, so I am waiting on some of my savings and extra car payments until I get my federal return and some extra work money they owe me on the 15th. But, the car sidebar is updated with my regular payment, and I'm hoping to get it to 90% by the end of the month!

January did have some good financial news. I made it through the month with only two tanks of gas! I usually end up doing through, and it was by the skin of my teeth, but I did make it. It was helpful that I stayed local while moving, the boyfriend moved three blocks away, and I did a lot of carpooling. This keeps me on track for my gas goal of spending no more than $1300. I hear gas is going to keep going up, so I'll have to be diligent about carpooling to work and walking in my neighborhood when I can. I filled up yesterday as well, so I'm on my third tank of gas for the year.

Am I still talking about gas? Moving on...

...since I am getting my tax refund and I haven't bought any clothes since September, I am allotting myself $100 for shopping this month. A friend and I want to walk around this cool vintage/thrift store area in Long Beach, so I may spend some of it there. I also need to go shopping for some more home necessities this weekend, so there will be some spending there. I budgeted another $500 for house stuff, which needs to include a dining room table and a vaccuum, along with some more smaller items. Once I clean this weekend and put up my curtains, I'm going to take some pictures and post them. :)

Have a good weekend, party people!

No comments:

Post a Comment