From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Weekly Money Check Up
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my new dining set, and curtains from Ikea. Just around $350.
2. Today I feel great aboutmoney. I got my deposit back from my old place (most of it), federal taxes should be here next week, and my Amazon sales are going well. I am on track and in budget in all categories so far.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go to the beach with the bf. I read and swam and dozed in the sun. It was lovely and free!
4. I will consider this week a success if I can get National Boards and online class stuff done on my day off on Monday. Blech.
5. This Valentine’s Day I am I made dinner for the bf, we exchanged gifts, and watched Arrested Development together. It was nice. He spoiled me with his gifts but still seemed to like the little things that I got him. :) Also, I've determined no more setting spending limits, because he ignores them and then it's just me announcing how much I'm spending. Not that I'm complaining!