Monday, February 21, 2011

Amazon Update

A while back I picked up a TON of books from a listing on Freecycle. The post said it was at least 100, but when I got them home it turned out to be more like 300 books.

Just this week I finished sorting through them and listing all the ones worth selling on Amazon. Here are the stats:
 Number of open listings currently: 43
Number of books sold so far: 42
Profit on the 36 books I've already shipped: $98.55
Books sold that I need to ship tomorrow: 6
Trips to Goodwill: 3

It's been quite the undertaking to go through all the books, look them up on Amazon, and then get rid of the ones that won't sell. I probably kept about ten of the books for myself, some of which I'll probably donate after I read. Two that I'm excited about are, "Getting A Life" by the authors of "Your Money or Your Life" and "The Circle of Simplicity" by Cecile Andrews. I also found a vegan cookbook and a few other novels/memoirs that I want to read.

I've definitely spent some time on this project, but I've also been able to put down $98.55 extra on my car this month, which is great! I also should sell at least a few more this week, so I'm hoping to get to $125 from this project. Like I've said before, there's going to have to be some hustle if I want to get my car paid off by the end of June, but I feel optimistic that I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to repurpose books and make a bit of cash on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such great news! Congratulations for taking the time to put the books on Amazon. It must off been time consuming-I'm glad it paid off for you in the end!

    ReplyDelete