Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good Karma for Being Honest

Last night I went to the Cal Stat Long Beach men's volleyball game. My cousin Karen does marketing at the games, so my aunt, mom and I decided to go and watch a game and watch her to her thing. I paid $5 to park, and then walked up to the door. I asked about buying a ticket and the girl looked at me and said, "Well, are you a student?" I hesitated before saying no. Students may have been free and definitely got a discount. But, I couldn't lie about it (even if I was stoked that I can still pass for a college student!). I went to the ticket window and paid $8 for my ticket.

I went in a different door, and as I was walking in the guy stopped me and said, "Do you live in the area?" I told him yes and he handed me five coupons for free tacos at Wahoo's. YES! Then, after the game my cousin Karen told me you can take your ticket to a table where they'll give you a coupon for a free In & Out burger, so I did that too. Score!

So, even though I spent $8 for my ticket, I probably earned back more than $8 in coupons. And I was honest. And I got to enjoy a Volleyball game, where Long Beach won. And that, my friends, is Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment