Saturday, April 23, 2011

Get to Giving...the Free Edition

Lately I've been wanting to focus on ways to give, thus my "Get to Giving" posts. Today, I gave in a very substantial way and it was absolutely free. In fact, it took about half an hour and I was rewarded with juice and cookies. If you haven't already guessed, I went to the Red Cross and gave blood today.

My BF is really good about donating. He gives platelets every two weeks, which takes a few hours. I am a little afraid of needles, so I'm going to have to work my way up to that. But, I finally went in and gave blood. I was told that giving once can save up to three lives, which made my slight squeamishness worth it.

I know a lot of you, dear readers, are in debt payoff mode and don't have a lot of extra funds to donate to charitable organizations. But, this is a way to give that is absolutely free! You can give every 56 days, and I encourage you to find your local Red Cross chapter and give. Click Here to find your local Red Cross Chapter.

I am also going to talk to my principal about doing a Blood Drive at my school before the year is over. Our students are too young, but we have a huge staff and I think it would be great to participate in that together. Click Here to see details about organizing a blood drive.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! Depending on how many people will participate, I've seen the blood mobile actually come out to people to give so they don't have to go in and do it. It saves time and may show a good example to the kids.

    ReplyDelete