Sunday, June 13, 2010

Discipline Spillover Effect

Does this happen to you? When I am more disciplined in one area (finances) that discipline spills over into other areas of my life. For example, I have been much better about cleaning and being organized since I made it a goal to get my finances organized. I'm not sure why this is. I think part of it is just less clutter (less shopping=less random stuff in my house). Also, I think part of it may be that I see how satisfying a little bit of discipline is when it comes to my bank account, so I am more willing to apply it in other areas of my life. It's been so nice to not have tons of stuff all over my apartment and to have a clean car.

Now, if the discipline could just spill over into working out and eating healthier, I'd be in business.

2 comments:

  1. Completely! When I was paying off my mountain of debt, I cut back so much on stuff that I also lost 20 pounds. Yay! Looks like you are doing great with your progress, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, not to geek out too bad, but there is a term for this: Transfer, specifically Positive Transfer. I had to learn about when I was working on my CFI certificate.

    ReplyDelete