From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on dinner and drinks for the boy and I on Saturday. He usually pays, but I told him I would get this one. Plus he brought me flowers that night. Totally worth it.
2. Today I feel satisfied towards money. I feel like my ducks are in a row and I'm in good shape on my car payment plan.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was baked a new cookie recipe, which I did pick up a few ingredients for. But I spent about $10 and then shared them with many people, so it was worth it.
4. I will consider this week a success if I make it through Back to School Night in one piece.
5. One of my most memorable birthdays was my 18th. My roommate and high school best friend put pictures of me in the dorm hallway and filled my room with balloons while I was gone the night before. So fun!