Monday, May 9, 2011

Coupon Success!

Remember how I said I was going to use my Ralphs $12 in rewards to try to score as much merchandise as I could? I actually ended up buying popsicles for one of my classes who earned them, along with an avocado one day. BUT, I did have a big couponing success, thanks to Sarah.

Following her directions, I was able to get 8 boxes of pasta and two cans of ragu sauce for $2.90. Since they deducted the total without coupons, they actually gave me $3.40 in cash back from my rewards card. Sweet! If I were more organized, I would have taken a picture of the boxes...but I didn't. Just imagine them in all their cheap glory.

I also used a $1/2 boxes of Rice Crispies combined with a store sale of $1.98/box to get two boxes for $3. I used one box this weekend to make Rice Crispie treats to bring to my mom's house for Mother's Day. I also used some of the pasta to make a pasta salad I brought over, which was a big hit. I combined a Snapple coupon with a sale to get a six back of bottles for $4.50. I don't usually buy these, but it was nice to have them around last week. In general, I just took advantage of sales to stock up on some items. I don't feel like I am a couponing expert, but I did finally load coupons onto my rewards card and actually use them for once so that was a success.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I'm so glad it worked for you!! I'm enjoying imagining the boxes of pasta stacked neatly in your pantry in all their frugalness :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I have to get better with using coupons. I don't do much of it at all right now. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love couponing! I do so well at CVS!

    ReplyDelete