Thursday, March 24, 2011

If I Had a Million Dollars...

I've seen this on various blogs lately and thought I'd join in. Here's what I'd do with a million dollars:

Pay off all debt: $15,000
Buy a house on the beach, in my current neighborhood: $450,000
Renovations and furnishings for said house: $100,000
Buy my mom a condo: $250,000 (we live in Southern California...this crap is expensive)
Give to a charity (this would take some serious research!): $100,000
Invest in retirement: $85,000

Yes, I'd want to go on a trip...but I figure with no debt and no rent I could save up for trips pretty quickly. And I know other bloggers included "pay taxes" on their list, but I am treating this as a fantasy and in my fantasy there are no taxes on my million dollars. Go with it.

I'm surprised how fast I came up with ways to spend that money...sigh. If only, if only.

What would you do with a million dollars?

1 comment:

  1. If I had a million dollars, I would save 40% of it. 30% would go to my dream business. 20% would go to charity and the 10% would be for education.

    ReplyDelete