Friday, July 2, 2010

Taking Advantage of Summer Vacation

Thanks to the holiday weekend, my direct deposit went in yesterday, which is technically five days early. Hurray! Because of 16 hours of extra pay (coverage and professional developments during the first week of summer), plus my yearbook adviser stipend, I was able to bring in about $500 extra this month, even with the furlough days taken off my check. YES! This is good, because July is going to be an expensive month. And it's all fun stuff, which I am okay spending some money on.

Fun Stuff:
*Buy plane ticket to Portland to see my friend Shelley in August (budgeted $300, hopefully I can get it cheaper).
*Camping in Sequoia: Budget for campsite, food, gas, and a sleeping bag. I am hoping to spend no more than $100 on this, since I can split costs with friends going. I may borrow a sleeping bag so I can save some money there.
*River trip: My best friends family always goes on a vacation, and somehow I have been invited for the last five years or so. :) I am just going for a long weekend, so the expenses are food, gas for my car, and some cash to cover the gas for the boats and jet skis. I am not sure how much this will be, but it shouldn't be too crazy.

I am really excited about all of these trips! I love to go places, and I definitely feel like I am taking advantage of my summer vacation. Also, none of these trips are outrageous-definitely bargain vacations. Because of careful budgeting, I was still able to pay $570 on my credit cards this month. If I can keep my other costs down, I might be able to throw a little extra at my debt at the end of the month, but I'm okay with it if I can't.

I am excited that my total credit card debt is under $2,000. That means that I should be able to pay off my credit card debt in full next month, using my summer school income. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment