Monday, July 5, 2010

$20 Ice Cream

So last night the roomie and I decided to walk to Rite Aid to get some ice cream before the fireworks. So, I grabbed $20 from my cash stash (or the envelope system, if you prefer). I didn't have any smaller bills, so I slid the twenty into my back pocket, grabbed my phone and sunglasses and headed out.

I ordered a double scoop-one mocha almond fudge and one cookies and cream. I reached into my pocket to get my cash...not there. Tried all my other pockets...gone. Argh!! Apparently between pulling out my phone to text friends about meeting up my money was dislodged. Luckily the roommate paid for my ice cream, but since there were tons of people on 2nd Street, I'm sure my money was long gone. Booooo.

I mean, the ice cream was delicious...but probably not twenty dollars worth of delicious. Oh well. :/

1 comment:

  1. Well that is no fun. I've done that more times than I care to admit over the years.

    ReplyDelete