Saturday, June 19, 2010

Phone Upgrade Success!

I was finally due for my phone upgrade. I've had a Blackberry for almost two years now. I've really liked it, but was looking for a cheaper phone plan and since I've dropped my phone like a hundred times it's pretty beat up. Also, I don't think I use a lot of the services that I am paying for.

I had called T-Mobile previously to ask about upgrading and my different options. I found out that I can save fifteen dollars per month by getting a "phone first" model, which has limited internet capability instead of a full Blackberry. Since I really only use Facebook and Google Maps for navigation, the woman on the phone recommended the Nuron, since it has a Navigation program and can do basic internet. I was online while on the phone with her. When I clicked on the phone, it told me it as $19.99, but whenever I put it in my car it came out at $69.99. I told the helpful woman on the phone about the issue. She looked it up and after putting me on hold for a few minutes came back and told me that the $19.99 price was a system glitch. BUT since it's what the website told me, they offered to honor it if I bought the phone online today. They are going to put a $50 credit on my phone bill so that I will end up with that price. SCORE!

So, I am paying $120 on my next bill, but I will have a $50 mail in rebate and a $50 credit on my account. I'm so excited about my new phone, glad I asked questions in order to get the right phone and the best deal for me, and to pay less each month on my phone bill. Yessss!

3 comments:

  1. Just curious. Is the cost of the phone related to a contract with the company?

    For example I can buy phone X up here and get the phone for $70 if I lock in for a three year contract. I can get the same phone for $140 if I lock in for a two year contract...$200 for a one year contract etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did sign up for a two year contract...but I've been with T-Mobile forever and I'm happy with them, so I was fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I love pricing typos!!

    ReplyDelete