Friday, June 25, 2010

Extra Income

This year I made the goal to earn an extra $100 by selling items online (ebay or Amazon), and an extra $100 by recycling. I am way ahead on one goal, and a little behind on the other.

This month I earned $29.14 by selling stuff online. I sold several beauty products on Ebay (Clinique leftovers from gift with purchase and random Bath and Body Works items I received as gifts but never used-all new of course!). Also, one of my Amazon book listings sold this month, bringing in $8.61. Obviously, the longer I do this, the less stuff I have to sell, but it's been awesome to get rid of items I don't want anymore and earn money by doing it. So far this year I have earned an extra $146.29 just by listing items I already owned. Not bad!

The recycling is a little more difficult. I just took in a few bags today, bringing my total for the year to $26.97. Part of the reason this number is low is because my roommate stopped drinking (good for her!). I used to get extra money by recycling her bottles and cans as well. I am not going to be heartbroken if I don't make my $100 goal on this one, but I'll keep plugging away and see how it goes.

Both of these things require a little extra effort, but in my opinion it's totally worth it. Every little bit has added up, and it's definitely come in handy to have a little extra money in my account here and there, either for unexpected expenses, or to throw a few more dollars at my credit card debt.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you've looked into this, but you can get cash/rewards just by recycling through RecycleBank. /www.recyclebank.com

    ReplyDelete