Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's Coming...

I just pulled up my APLE account (student loan forgiveness for teaching in a low-income school) and saw that my final payment of $3,000 is on it's way to Sallie Mae as of April 2nd. It says to allow four to six weeks for it to show up...so obviously I will check once a week until I see it I will be checking it obsessively at least once a day until it shows up, starting right now. Sometime within the next month, it will be there! Once that's posted, I plan to continue my regular payment plus $300 per month, as I have been. BUT, I will also start snowflaking any extra money that comes in toward that goal, hoping to get it paid off even sooner than my goal of October (in time to be debt free by thirty!).

I'm actually excited to start throwing all my extra pennies at my loan. I've held off doing so, because I knew the $3,000 payment was coming, and I wanted to be sure there would be $3,000 left for them to pay off. Is it weird that I feel a little nostalgic for my hard-core debt payoff days? I do, so I am looking forwarding to conquering this last debt.

Okay, I gotta go check to see if it's posted again. I'll keep you posted, internet.

2 comments:

  1. From one obsessive account checker to another.....

    Amazing!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check my accounts daily. I can stop anytime! I swear :-)

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete