Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekly Money Check Up

I'm back! And I've got a list of about ten posts I want to write, so hopefully there won't be as many days off now that I am officially moved and have internet at my new apartment. I'll ease back into posting with MPP's Weekly Money Check Up:


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on an Ikea trip...$77. It is impossible to get out of there without spending a ton of money. But I got lots of necessities, so that was good.
2. Today I feel out of control about money. I'm over-budget on a few categories, have tapped into my savings, and am going to have to buy more food before payday. Yuck! I just want February to get here so I can start fresh with a new month.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was two things.  One, I went on a beach bike ride with the bf on a beautiful sunny day (Saturday). It's so nice having him live five minutes away instead of an hour away! That night we went to a free improv event at a local coffee shop. It was really funny and we walked there from my apartment. :)
4. I will consider this week a success if I can stick with my newfound vegan ways at a friend's birthday party. She's a foodie and I know there will be good cheese and yummy cake that I'll need to resist. Eek!
5. My favorite way to relax is with a cold beer and a good dinner (ideally sushi) in front of the TV (preferably watching an entire season of a TV show) while wearing elastic wasted pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment