Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Swagbucks Strategy?

I've been doing Swagbucks for just about a year now. I'm a huge fan...with minimal effort I've earned enough Swagbucks to get $110 in Amazon gift cards. I've used most of those for gifts, which has helped my budget throughout the year. It's also nice because Amazon sells almost everything, so I can really use them for whatever I want. When I do my next order in a few weeks (the last of my Christmas shopping), I'm also ordering a new clothes hamper, since my old one is literally falling apart. No, not super exciting, but nice that I don't have to spend any money to get something I need.

Up until now I haven't thought of using my Swagbucks for anything else. Amazon gift cards are one of the best deals on the site, and I've found them useful. But, I'm thinking that after my next Amazon purchase I might start saving them for something else. While I'd love to save for the $300 Apple gift card, that would take me close to four years to get (if I earn at the same rate I did last year...though I think I'm earning faster now than I was when I started. But I digress...).

More realistically, I could save for Southwest gift cards. A $50 gift card costs 5,700 Swagbucks, which I think I could earn in about six months or so. I think it would be fun to get a free trip to visit a friend or go on a vacation. Once my car is paid off, I want to start a travel fund, and knowing I have money toward a flight would be good motivation. Although I sort of hate flying Southwest. I don't know. I might just stick to Amazon.

Any Swagbucksers out there want to chime in on what you save for? If you're not on yet, click on any of the links to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment