Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I've Given Up...

...on recycling for cash. Here's why:

1. The roommate stopped drinking and I stopped buying alcohol. I don't buy water bottles anymore. So basically it takes FOREVER to accumulate enough to make it worth taking to the recycling center.

2. When I get a few bags worth, I take them in. Which gets me all of about $4 or so. I would let them stack up, but we don't have a garage or anything, so they either ride in the back of my car or the pile gets crazy in my already small kitchen, annoying the heck out of my roommate.

3. I want to be a more responsible global citizen. So my trash can that once only held those recyclables good for money can now hold anything we can put into the recycling bins outside. So we're actually reducing our trash and increasing our recycling.

1 comment:

  1. Hardships of going green. We may not be alive to see any change at all.

    ReplyDelete