Thursday, March 18, 2010

It'll be just like The Breakfast Club!

This Saturday I am subbing Saturday School for the first time at my school. Yes, I've worked here for five years and have not once agreed to teach on Saturday. My rationale is that while the money is good, I would be a mean person if I came to my work six days a week. BUT, since I am committed to getting out of debt and because I know the money is good, I put myself on the list to sub and I am going to teach 8th grade English this weekend.

This is good for two reasons: first, I will make about $150 after taxes, for four hours of work. I certainly can't complain about that. Also, since I will most likely have to move up to 7th or 8th grade next year, it will be good to see how I do with the 8th graders who are in intervention.

But no one's getting up. If I get up, he'll get up, we'll all be up...it'll be anarchy!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, in my high school there is serious competition to do Saturday school because it's really disorganized and the kids just come in and hang out for a few hours. So there are a few teachers who have "taken it over" and make the easy $35 per hour. Wish I was one of them!

    ReplyDelete