Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Spring/Summer are my favorite clothing seasons.

I love wearing dresses (your whole outfit is chosen with just one decision! And so feminine!). Skirts and cotton tees or tanks. Shorts and capris. Bathing suits and coverups. Flip-flops.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

It's also the hardest time not to buy new clothes. I was in Old Navy with a friend, helping her pick out work clothes (which I LOVE and she HATES). I have not been that tempted to buy clothes in a long time. I wanted to buy sun dresses. And new lacy tanks to wear under cardigan sweaters. And short-sleeved cardigan sweaters. And a new pair of black sandals (I'll be lucky if mine make it through the summer).

But I didn't. Because as much as I want new clothes (and I really, really do), I want to be out of credit card debt more. And even that shift is an accomplishment.

I can't wait for September, when I will be debt-free (God-willing). That will be one year without clothes shopping. I'm already starting a mental list of items I want to buy. (There will be a budget for clothes. Still determining how that will work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment