From 2009-2012 I paid off 28,000 of my own debt. During that time I moved from Long Beach back to Whittier, met the man who is now my husband, and learned tons about how to manage my money. I'm back to blogging now that I'm married and my husband and I work to pay off his student loans. We're adding a baby to the mix this year, to keep things interesting. I don't own a home (and I'm just past 30) but I've come a long way on my financial journey!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on getting my hair cut and colored for $100
2. Today I feel apprehensive money because I'm trying to figure out how I can pay for all of my classes and gym membership, while in the back of my mind I really want to pay extra on my car.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go to my friend Felisa's Day After Day After Thanksgiving Party on Saturday. (DADAT for short). Everyone brings leftovers...it was fun.
4. I will consider this week a success if I feel better and can rally for my class Saturday. I'm sick, and since the class is free, if I still feel sick I'm not going.
5. My favorite holiday song is Hark the Herald Angels Sing. I love the lyrics and singing it at church with a bunch of people is lovely.