Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Backyard Wedding

Okay, I posted 200 wedding pictures to Facebook, so I will try to control myself in sharing some of our wedding with you. We kept our total wedding expenses to about $6,000. I know there are cheaper weddings, but I am happy with that amount. We had a fun, intimate, casual backyard wedding. Not pictured is the food. We had a taco guy ($400 for 65 people) and a nacho bar. We also got a keg and had a friend make sangria. We had plenty of leftovers, but kept it very reasonable cost-wise. And people RAVED about the food. My friend Becca is also amazing, and she and I went to the flower market in downtown LA and did all of the flowers ourselves (with help from my sister and another friend). This was time-consuming, but we spent $200 on flowers (two bouquets, 8 centerpieces, flowers for the cake table, and a bunch of corsages and boutonnieres).

Our wedding was exactly what I've always wanted. So, without further ado...

We took pictures in a park down the street from the backyard where we had the wedding. The photographer was a friend who gave us a great discount. Still one of the pricier parts of the wedding, but saved us easily a thousand dollars.
Our first dance, on the patio. We made that the ceremony site, table for the two of us during dinner, and the dance floor as the night went on. 
Cutting the cake. We had a cake for us and cupcakes for everyone else. A friend got us this as our gift, which was so generous! You can also see our paper lanterns in the background. This was behind us for ceremony. We hung them from fishing wire at varying heights.
I used this frame as the seating chart. I actually registered for it, got it at a shower, and have plans to print pictures and hang it in the house now that the wedding is over. 
Our super cute cupcake table. The flag pennants are homemade with paper and twine. They were a theme on various tables, as well as the invites, programs, and thank you notes we ordered on Etsy.
Gift table with flag pennants
I highly recommend glow-sticks for the dance floor portion of the evening. I bought 100 of them online for $20. We busted them out right after we cut the cake and it got everyone on the dance floor and made for some fun pictures.
We had those champagne poppers from 4th of July as our send-off. This was super fun! A friend bought them for us, and since we got married on the 6th, I think she got a good deal! :) 







3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a beautiful wedding. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures! It looks like you created a wonderfully memorable day for yourselves with all your own personal touches!

    ReplyDelete