Thursday, November 19, 2009

The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...

I figured out how to make tracking bars thanks to Girl Makes Cents...but now it has really set in how much credit card debt I have...and that you will all know about it. Strangers, friends, familyl...it's out there. And it's embarassing, honestly. I could give the some reasons and extenuating circumstances...but if I were being honest I'd also have to admit to some Starbucks runs and unnecessary clothes purchases. I had pondered creating an anonymous finance blog to avoid this embarassment, but I thought about it and I think there is some value in admitting the truth. So many people I know are in credit card debt...but it's totally taboo to admit it and to admit the amount.

My name is Jessica and I am in just over $5,000 of credit card debt.

But, I am determined to get out of it. The last two months have been productive in getting on the right track and paying down my debts. And, if nothing else myabe my people will realize why I am saying no to going out to dinner, to getting drinks, and why I haven't clothes shopped since August (clothes shopping is banished until all my credit card debt is banished).

So, there it is. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

2 comments: