Wednesday, January 1, 2014

An Update

Since I haven't posted in a while, I thought I would give a brief update...

My husband finished his first semester of his radio program with straight A's, so I'm very proud of him! He starts refereeing soccer games this weekend, so that will be a nice source of additional income to help us meet our goals this year (see yesterday's post). My vote is to put that money toward one specific thing, like his loans or our savings, but I need to see what my husband wants to do as well.

We went on a quick, cheap trip to Yosemite in November. It was SO much fun, and so beautiful. We drove up on a whim, stayed in a hotel a few hours away, saw the park the whole day (free entrance for Veteran's weekend), and then drove home that night. It was exhausting, but we LOVED it. I'm not very spontaneous, so it was a first for me.

Financially things are going pretty well. We've both been selling items on Ebay and Amazon (my mom gave me a ton of CD's to sell and I'm splitting the profits with her). So far I've made about $100, which has been a nice little bonus, especially this time of year. From here on out, I think I'm going to stash that money into a trip fund so we can go somewhere this year for vacation on a budget. We are making progress with his student loans as well. Nothing astounding, but chipping away at it each month. Now that the New Year is here, I'm hoping to get a little more gazelle-intense about paying off at least one of the loans (there are five total, so knocking off the first one would be a great step).

1 comment:

  1. Been wondering how you are doing. Hope you are making some great strides on your goals.

    ReplyDelete