Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We Found an Apartment!

Well, it's official: I am moving back to my home town. Yes, Freddie and I are moving to Uptown Whittier. We get the keys on Thursday. The apartment is two bedrooms (so no more printer in the living room, and we'll have his fold out couch as a guest bed). I'm excited about the size, since it was feeling REALLY crowded in our one bedroom apartment.

It also has a garage with room for one car and some storage space in the back. The other person can park their car in the driveway in front of the garage, so that means we both have a parking spot. Holla! After living here, where parking is INSANE, it will be a relief not to have to worry about that.

It is about halfway between our two works, so that's better than some of the other places we looked. We're going to be paying $170 more per month, but the other places we looked were almost that much more for a ONE bedroom, so I'm satisfied with the price.

I am sad that we will no longer have a washer and dryer in the unit, and that there's no dishwasher (again. I haven't had a dishwasher in forever). But overall I think it's a good move for us.

The worst part is that we have to pay deposit, first month's rent, and our rent for this apartment all at once. Ugh. The current landlord told me that if we're out early (we will be) and she can rent it before the month is over, that she will refund us money/prorate the month of July. So, if anyone's looking for a lovely one bedroom apartment in Long Beach, let me know.

I'll post pictures once we've actually moved, but if you're wondering what I'll be doing over the next few weeks, it will be hauling loads of boxes and bags to my new apartment, packing, trying to convince boyfriend to goodwill things, and figuring out how on EARTH we're going to get my couch out of here. (It came in over the balcony, hoisted on top of the moving truck. I don't know how this will work in reverse).

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the apartment! And that stinks about how all of the money is due at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I just moved myself and it drained my savings account so hopefully this move will go smooth for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thats wonderful! Although for me the dishwasher was an absolute necessity. It was a major cause of problems. Even now that we have a dishwasher, I will load and unload happily, but if its something i have to wash by hand, it stays in the sink for at least a few days. I hate washing dishes THAT much. The more space will definitely help. We have a two bedroom now and can never go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very glad that you found the apartment. In addition I hope to have good neighbors and owners of homes in the neighborhood
    new homeowner lists

    ReplyDelete